Why You Need It
Automated functional testing (AFT) focuses on your core business processes and complex applications. The tests verify that your applications work as expected, and that invalid actions and data are corrected. Below are a few questions that can help you determine if automated functional testing is the right fit for your organization:
- Does your application need to be tested on multiple hardware or software configurations?
- Will you have more than 5 new builds/patches/fixes of the application?
- Is a vendor developing the application for you and needs to meet Service Level Agreements?
- Do you have more than 5 concurrent users on your application?
- Do you have repetitive tasks that are performed to maintain an application (data loading, configuration)?
Our expert test team will first identify transactions by evaluating your artifacts and documentation. We will utilize our own Test Methodology Framework, leveraging premier testing tools for instant productivity. Our team will pinpoint inconsistencies between stated requirements and current functionality, while verifying end-to-end data.
RTTS will provide a daily report reviewing tasks completed, coverage provided, and defects found. At the end of the engagement, we will deliver a thorough project summary with metrics, findings, and recommendations for moving forward.
How will it help my business?
Automated functional testing will help you execute more successful projects given less time and a lower budget. Here are some key benefits:
- Speed + accuracy - Automated tools allow more applications to be tested within a shorter time span. They also provide greater coverage for faster issue detection. AFT tools can run at any time of the day; they never tire, get bored, take shortcuts, or make assumptions.
- Accessibility - Automated testing permits access to objects, data, communication protocols, and operating systems allowing for a test suite with greater depth and breadth.
- Flexibility - Applications become more complex as they grow. With AFT tools, tests can be reused over time and added onto as needed. Engineers can also manage artifacts for less re-work and more agility.
- Defect discovery - When sites do not function correctly or perform poorly, customers may leave and never come back. What is the cost to your business? Performing correct and systematic automated testing uncovers defects earlier, and assures a quality experience for your customers.
- Repeatability - Automation suites provide a formal, repeatable process for verifying functionality.
How can new releases for a Portfolio Management System be tested in a timely manner while also preserving the highest quality in software and performance? The goal of the software quality effort was to verify the functional integrity of each new release. Since we were dealing with potential high-value trades and a system that communicates directly with clients, it was imperative that the software be of the highest quality.